Monday, August 5, 2013

Animals from our recent trip to Alaska

Here are a couple of pictures from our recent trip to Alaska that I took with a rented extender lens. This lens is a little pricey so I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon. I'm just trying my hand at everything to see where I really want to focus. No pun intended. It extended my current 400mm lens to 800mm so I could shoot from far-far away and not get killed in the process. I really enjoyed these subjects but it's not what I get to do a lot of.  I do more portrait work. I've been able to meet some great people and made a few new friends along the way. These two bears look kind of fierce but they were just playing around.  I love the way this elk is curled up and soaking in the warn sun.  It was a warm day when I shot these pictures with lots of sun, my kind of day.  Sorry for the poor quality but it takes too long to load if I don't reduce the pixels.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment